population ~ 1.881.764 accounts
active users ~ 1.297.189people
servers > 2.618 instances
- GNU Social,
Mastodon network grew quickly and its development is still speedy. You'll find everything you want of a microblogging platform, and much more. There are numerous Mastodon servers (called "instances") created specifically for certain communities and dedicated to various interests, spheres of knowledge, regions and activities.
- contact lists
- making contact list private
- custom emojis
- pinned posts
- spoiler warnings
- redrafting posts
- image preview with focal points
- account verification with links
- Direct messages ("private messages") will safely be delivered with limited visibility (non public) only between Mastodon users. Friends from other networks may get such "direct message" as public (visible to all) because some networks (like GNU Social) don't support DMs, and some other projects don't know how to handle them for now (Friendica, Hubzilla). Keep that in mind when sharing something private via DM.
join the network
Choose a server with open registrations and create an account:
Or use a wizard to help you pick a server from the list:SERVER WIZARD
Choose a mobile application from the available ones:
If you'd like to help the Mastodon network grow, you can contribute in different ways.
- Donate to development team or the administrator of your server (if you have the means to do that).
- Set up your own instance, to make federation stronger and healthier, with many small servers.
- Spread the word. Invite your friends. Explain why it's important.
- Contribute with code. Send a pull request. Resolve an issue. Take a bounty.
- Help translating. Design promo materials. Print and distribute stickers.
Thank you. See you in Mastodon.
, ,  - updated regularly, latest update - 15/01/19