population ~ 12.250 accounts
servers > 114 instances
GNU Social creators are the founding fathers of free libre microblogging networks. The platform has a significant userbase and multiple plugins.
- There are no private messages in GNU Social. Consider everything you post public (visible to anyone).
join the network
Choose a server with open registrations and create an account:
Choose a mobile application from the available ones:
If you'd like to help the GNU Social network grow, you can contribute in different ways.
- Donate to the administrator of your server (if you have the means to do that).
- Set up your own instance, to make federation stronger and healthier, with many small servers.
- Spread the word. Invite your friends. Explain why it's important.
- Contribute with code. Send a pull request. Resolve an issue. Take a bounty.
- Help translating. Design promo materials. Print and distribute stickers.
Thank you. See you in GNU Social.
, ,  - updated regularly, latest update - 17/08/19